Published On: Sun, Nov 29th, 2015

Shocking X-Ray Reveals How Puppy Chowed Down 10 Batteries

This adorable puppy is lucky to be alive after chowing down on 10 hearing aid batteries.

Cathy and Jim Bernard caught their 1-year old pup, Boogie, eating right through the packaging of the coin cells at their Houston-area home Nov. 19, according to a hospital press release.

The 7-pound pooch is no stranger to chewing on the wrong things — and was previously treated for eating too much popcorn, the release said.

But this time the Yorkiepoo was at risk of life-threatening internal burns, so he was rushed to North Houston Veterinary Specialists in Willowbrook.

X-rays clearly showed the batteries inside his stomach, per KTLA5.

Dr. Carissa Blair didn’t make Boogie throw them up over fears that their positive and negative poles would touch the skin of his esophagus and burn him, reports ABC 13.

Instead, Blair surgically removed the batteries from the pup’s stomach. Boogie returned home Sunday, where the dog is now recovering, per the statement.

— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.




Weird News – The Huffington Post

About the Author

-

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Videos

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Get our latest downloads and information first. Complete the form below to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.

Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)

I would like to hear from selected 3rd party offers
Answer this?

/